Microsoft BUSINESS CENTRAL Versus NAV
Dynamics NAV as brand name is phased out and the solution has instead become the on-premise part of Business Central.
The latest version of Dynamics NAV is therefore Business Central On premise. As always, when Microsoft has launched a new version of NAV, Business Central On premise comes with a lot of improvements and new features.
Business Central On-premise, the latest version of Dynamics NAV
Anyone who has followed the ERP Solution, originally called Navision, since Microsoft acquired it in 2012, knows that Microsoft has put enormous resources into development and improvement. Microsoft’s ambitious and ongoing efforts to improve Dynamics NAV have not been in vain, today NAV has the largest customer base with more than 110,000 companies using the solution.
New Vision to the ERP
Microsoft’s vision for their Dynamics 365 solutions, including Business Central On premise, is to break from the traditional approach of ERP and instead build their solutions on a foundation of a data platform and cloud based AI (Artificial Intelligence).
Other Features that we could list
- Improved user experience and mobile experience
- Optimized productivity with PowerBI
- Productivity improvements for users of the desktop client
- Accessibility functionality for desktop users, for example for users with reduced vision and mobility
- Updated user experience for users on larger screens. The update includes improved data layout, optimized use of screen space, better visibility and readability of data, and easier navigation throughout the application.
As always, you could still modify the application as you want.